Back.....WITH EXPLOSIVES!!!

SSUP ya'll. I hope CNY is still going on well for all of you out there. I just came back from a tiring trip to my mum's hometown---Sitiawan. Nice musty old place, but the place swarms with mosquitoes though, come back bitten by them EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! I've been going there most probably every year, but it was only this trip that I noticed this awesome scenery...




Well I didn't "just" notice it,the field has been there all this time. It's just that only after 16 years of going there, all the paddy decided to ripen before me this time. All the times before that, the field just seemed flooded with water. Anyway this trip to Sitiawan really INCREASED my explosive, wild side.




Those pictures, prove why I think of fireworks as....explosve drugs.... THEY'RE ADDICTIVE AND EXPLOSIVE!!! And this year, my uncle bought for us the MOAB(Mother of All Bombs), check it out...



Looks small, but that small box itself, contains 36 explosive, colourful rockets. Yes, the ones you see on New Year's day. Only these ones, aren't as nice and "chun". Dont believe there's 36? Here's proof...


Count em now you non-believers...

The cool thing about a hometown is, everyone's so friendly, and it's at this time of year, where everyone thinks of the same thing, FIREWORKS. The neighbourhood starts out quiet at first, then when someone starts launching fireballs into the air, it starts the mood, sooner or later, someone else will respond with a barrage of their own artillery, and the chain reaction continues. Soon, it becomes what is known by my uncle as the "Firework Frenzy" as the dark night sky is lit up by majestic streams of endless coloured sprays of light. The sounds of ecstatic screams and explosions fill the air, it is at this point I begin to pity the poor saps who are sleeping.
Before I end this post, here are a few more photos...









I know the last 2 are better looking photos, haha. those were taken by a waayy better camera. Anyway continue having a fantastic Chinese New Year people! Au Revoir!


P.S: Thanks go to my uncle for the fireworks supply and the last 2 photos!

No comments: